Elections & Registration Office
The Mission of the Elections and Voter Registration Office is to register eligible citizens of Jackson County. To promote, preserve, and improve democracy by ensuring that elections are free, impartial, fair, accurate, convenient, and accessible to all voters. We strive to encourage voter participation and to provide excellent customer service to voters, as well as, candidates. We are available to help the public understand and follow all laws, rules, and regulations set by Federal, State, and Local Authorities, as well as, the State Election Board.
ResponsibilitiesThis office is responsible for voter registration for Jackson County and all municipalities in the county. In addition, this office is responsible for the following duties:
- Qualifying Candidates seeking election (County, Non Partisan and other Parties as requested)
- Printing of ballots and programming the Voting Machines
- Coordinating Vote Centers and making sure locations are ADA compliant
- Training and Placement of Poll Officials
- Preparing Supplies and Equipment used at Vote Centers
- Consolidating of Election Results
- Maintenance and Logic & Accuracy Testing of all Election Equipment
- Act as a Filing Officer for all Elected Officials and Candidates
- Conduct all Elections (Federal, State, County, and Municipalities)
The Jackson County Board of Elections and Voter Registration Office attends to the day-to day registration and updating of files for Jackson County voters. On even-numbered years the office prepares for local, state, and federal elections. On odd-numbered years the office conducts elections for the county's nine municipalities and special elections, as needed.
- Board meeting minutes are available by request at the Elections and Voter Registration Office.
Wed May 3
Wed Jun. 14
Wed Jul. 12
Wed Aug. 9
Wed Sep. 13
Tue Oct. 10
Wed Oct. 11
Tue Nov. 7