Weapons Carry License
The Jackson County Probate Court accepts applications for Weapons Carry License and Renewal Weapons Carry Licenses by appointment only. Pursuant to the most recent Executive Order entered by Governor Brian Kemp on September 30, 2020, the requirement that renewals of Weapons Carry Licenses must be applied for within 30 days after the expiration of such license has been suspended for those licenses that expire between March 13, 2020 and December 9, 2020. Further, all Weapons Carry Licenses that expire during such period shall be considered a renewal if the holder of such license applies within 120 days after the expiration date on the face of said license.
For a new or renewal Weapons Carry License, please complete the online application located below, make a note of the confirmation number, then call to schedule an appointment @ (706) 387-6275. You do not need to print a copy of the application.
Click here for Online WCL Application
NEW WEAPONS CARRY LICENSE:
- Appointments only - Monday through Friday.
- Application fee for a new Weapons Carry License is currently $78.25, which includes the fee for fingerprinting. Credit and Debit cards are accepted for an additional processing fee. Checks are not accepted.
- If less than 90 days remain before expiration of current license, or a current license has been expired for less than 30 days, a Weapons Carry License can be renewed.
- State prohibitors for Weapons Carry Licenses can be found at: http://gaprobate.gov/content/weapons-carry-licenses
- Must apply in the county of your residence.
- Must provide a valid state issued identification with current physical address.
- Applicants with post office boxes on their identification must provide proof of legal residence within Jackson County such as a rent or lease agreement, voter’s registration card, current utility bill, current (within last 30 days) paystub, or tag receipt/car registration.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Members of the Armed Forces (defined as active duty or reserve component of the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Air Force, U.S. National Guard, Georgia Army National Guard or Georgia Air National Guard), between the ages of 18 and 21, are eligible with the following:
- Proof of completion of basic training
- Proof they are actively serving or have been honorably discharged
- Current Military identification, paystub and current assignment
RENEW WEAPONS CARRY LICENSE
- The following are required for a Weapons Carry License renewal:
- Appointment only - Monday through Friday.
- An application is considered a renewal if the applicant's Georgia Weapons Carry License has 90 or fewer days remaining before the expiration, or has been expired for less than 30 days, regardless of the county of issuance.
- Renewals will not be fingerprinted, but a name-based background check will be run.
- Applicants must provide a valid driver's license or state issued ID with their current physical address.
- If such identification has a P.O. Box listed, applicants must provide proof of legal residence in this county. Accepted forms of proof of residency are: a rent or lease agreement, a voter's registration card, a utility bill, a paystub within the last 30 days, or a tag receipt/car registration.
- Cost for a renewal Weapons Carry License is $35. We accept cash or debit/credit (additional processing fee for cards). Checks are not accepted.