Elections & Registration Office
ATTENTION VOTERS WHO VOTED IN THE NOVEMBER 3RD GENERAL SPECIAL ELECTION:
If you would like to check to see if you name is located on the numbered list of voters for the November 3rd Election. Please click on the link below to search for your name.
A Recount of the November 3rd General Election Presidential Race will be conducted at our office on Tuesday, November 24th starting at 9AM, per the SOS requirement. This recount will be done in accordance with state law. This recount will take place at 441 Gordon Street in Jefferson and is open to the public. If the Recount is not completed on November 24th it will begin again on November 25th at 9AM and continue until completed. For more information, please contact the office at 706-367-6377. The recount is open to the public.
The Mission of the Elections and Voter Registration Office is to register eligible citizens of Jackson County. To promote, preserve, and improve democracy by ensuring that elections are free, impartial, fair, accurate, convenient, and accessible to all voters. We strive to encourage voter participation and to provide excellent customer service to voters, as well as, candidates. We are available to help the public understand and follow all laws, rules, and regulations set by Federal, State, and Local Authorities, as well as, the State Election Board.
ResponsibilitiesThis office is responsible for voter registration for Jackson County and all municipalities in the county. In addition, this office is responsible for the following duties:
- Qualifying Candidates seeking election (County, Non Partisan and other Parties as requested)
- Printing of ballots and programming the Voting Machines
- Coordinating Vote Centers and making sure locations are ADA compliant
- Training and Placement of Poll Officials
- Preparing Supplies and Equipment used at Vote Centers
- Consolidating of Election Results
- Maintenance and Logic & Accuracy Testing of all Election Equipment
- Act as a Filing Officer for all Elected Officials and Candidates
- Conduct all Elections (Federal, State, County, and Municipalities)
The Jackson County Board of Elections and Voter Registration Office attends to the day-to day registration and updating of files for Jackson County voters. On even-numbered years the office prepares for local, state, and federal elections. On odd-numbered years the office conducts elections for the county's nine municipalities and special elections, as needed.
Absentee Official Ballot Drop Box
1. Election Office, 441 Gordon Street in Jefferson
2. Nicholson City Hall- Benton Center , 5488 US 441 in Nicholson
3. West Jackson Fire Department- Station 1, 69 W Jackson Rd in Braselton
All ballot boxes will open the week of November 16th and remain OPEN until January 5th at 7PM--at that time no more ballots will be accepted in the drop box for the Runoff General/Runoff Special Election.
Notice to Voters for use of the Official Ballot Drop Box located at 441 Gordon St, in Jefferson