Jackson County Senior Center
Activities and Services
Jackson County Senior Center is pleased to offer the following activities and services to our members:
- Lunch Daily
- Bingo Daily (except on Tuesday)
- Guest Speakers and entertainment
- Excursions to Local Festivals, Concerts, and Attractions
- Arts & Craft
- Board and Table Games
- Card Games and Puzzles
- Wellness Checks
- Exercise Classes
- Health and Nutritional Workshops
- Legal Counsel
- Ongoing Education
**Transportation to and from the center is available within established routes.
Requirements for being a member of the Jackson County Senior Center are:
1. Being a resident of Jackson County
2. Being 60 years of age or older (Or being the spouse of a member who is 60 or older)
****For more information call (706)367-5101****
The Jackson County Senior Center is proud to offer services outside our facility, as well. For those seniors who are home bound, we are happy to provide home delivery meals, friendly visits, and telephone reassurances - just to name a few of our outreach offerings that bring socialization to our seniors and peace of mind to their families.
The program will strive to reach the frail, elderly, isolated, handicapped; help the elderly that are sixty years and older maintain their dignity in their own homes; inform the Senior Citizens of Services and Resources available to them--such as Mental Health, County Health Department, Department of Family and Children Services, Food Stamps, SSI, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, Community Care, Home Health Care, etc. We will provide Nutrition and Exercise Programs.
The Jackson County Aging Program will work toward reaching these goals by outreach, rerouting of vans, recruiting of volunteers (community and senior citizens), and organizing car pools.
- From Jefferson take Highway 82 North to Jackson Drive and turn right into the Jackson County Courthouse Complex. Take the first left onto Stan Evans Drive. The Jackson County Senior Center is the first building on left. There are signs posted around the complex to aid in your travel.
- From Commerce take Highway 15 South to Jackson Drive and turn right into the Jackson County Courthouse complex. Take Jackson Drive to the first drive past the Courthouse and follow it to General Jackson Drive. Turn left onto Stan Evans Drive and follow down to the Jackson County Senior Center which will be the last building on the right. There are signs posted around the complex to aid in your travel.
Elvis (Mark Pitt) was in the building, and everyone had a great time!
Below is a series of pictures containing wreaths and angel wreaths we have for sale. Most (there are a few exceptions) wreaths are priced $20-$35. The small angels are $5, and the large ones are $10.If you are interested in buying any of these, please call us at (706) 367-5101. We now have several wreaths for breast cancer awareness.
We also make kid and adult size aprons. These are $15.
If you want a wreath (or an angel) made a certain color, or for a certain holiday, call us.