- Departments S-Z
- Storm Water Management
- For Residents
Every time it rains water runs off the land as stormwater. As it flows over rooftops, lawns, driveways and streets, stormwater picks up pollutants and debris such as dirt, motor oil, fertilizer, pet waste, leaves and litter. We each contribute to the problem, but we can all be part of the solution! The following resources have been taken from the Clean Water Campaign website.
- After the Storm - English (PDF) / After the Storm - Spanish (PDF) - A citizen's guide to understanding stormwater.
- Attention! Fats, Oils and Grease (F.O.G.) are Threatening Your Plumbing (PDF) - Residential tips on reducing sewage blockages caused by fats, oils and grease.
- Automotive Care and Stormwater - Tips on best automobile care to prevent stormwater contamination.
- Clean Water Everybody's Business (PDF) - 10 Things you can do to prevent stormwater pollution runoff.
Different Shades of Green (PDF) - A citizen's guide to understanding different types of Green Infrastructure.
Greenscapes RainGarden (PDF) - A guide to installing a native plant species rain garden to assist with stormwater infiltration on your property.
Here's the Scoop... Pick Up After Your Pet (PDF) - Tips on reducing stormwater pollution for pet owners.
- Is Your Yard as Green as You Think it is? (PDF) - Residential tips on reducing stormwater pollution when caring for your lawn and yard.
- Landscape and Lawn Industry Care (PDF) - Tips and advice on lawn care if seeking self-maintenance or professional help.
- Make Your Home the Solution to Stormwater Pollution (PDF) - Healthy household habits for clean water.
- Pollution Prevention Tips for Septic Systems (PDF) - Septic systems can contribute to stormwater pollution. This brochure provides tips and guidance to reduce pollution caused by septic systems.
- Pool and Spa Pollution Prevention Tips (PDF) - Pools and spas can contribute to stormwater pollution. This brochure provides tips and guidance to reduce pollution caused by pools and spas.
- Protecting Water Quality from Urban Runoff (PDF) - In urban and suburban areas, much of the land is covered by buildings and pavement. Learn what you can do to protect water quality.
- Do Your Part. Be Septic Smart!
- Do Your Part. Be Septic Smart! - Short Brochure (English) (PDF)
- Do Your Part. Be Septic Smart! - Long Brochure (English) (PDF)
- Do Your Part. Be Septic Smart! - Door Hanger (English) (PDF)
- Do Your Part. Be Septic Smart! - Short Brochure (Spanish) (PDF)
- Do Your Part. Be Septic Smart! - Long Brochure (Spanish) (PDF)
- Do Your Part. Be Septic Smart! - Door Hanger (Spanish) (PDF)
- Rain Garden for Home Landscapes (PDF) - A guide to installing a rain garden on your property.
- Stormwater - Introduction for citizens on what stormwater is and how citizens are impacted by it.
- Stormwater and Illicit Discharge - Information about illicit discharges and the dangers caused to the stormwater system.
- When it Rains, it Pollutes! (PDF) - Overview of stormwater pollution and actions each of us can take to help solve the problem.