- Departments A-E
- Clerk of Courts
- Notary Public
NEW TO THE CLERKS OFFICE - Mail-In Renewal Notary Public Application
The Jackson County Superior Court Clerk’s office, in conjunction with the Georgia Superior Court Clerks’ Cooperative Authority (GSCCCA), now offers mail-in renewal notary public applications.
To apply, go to the Georgia Superior Court Clerks' Cooperative Authority (GSCCCA) website. Fill out the Mail-in Renewal application online, authorize payment, and print a copy. Follow the instructions from the application packet and mail to the Superior Court Clerk’s office for processing. If you have expired and are over 30 days from your expiration date, you will need to apply again as a new notary, and which will require you to come into the office.
We hope that you find this service to be beneficial as the Jackson County Superior Court Clerk’s office continues to explore and implement new ways to improve services delivered to the citizens of Jackson County.
You will need to go through the GSCCCA website to fill out an application for becoming or renewing your notary before you come into our office. Below is the direct link.
- The fee for a new or renewal notary is $44.00, and we accept cash, money order, or business check if your company is paying for your commission. We can now accept debit/credit cards but there will be a 4% transaction fee.
- A new notary requires 2 references to sign the application after printing it, and they must live in Jackson County, have known you longer than a month & can not be related to you.
- Please bring in a government or state issued picture ID for verification of identity and residency (i.e.: valid driver's license, valid passport, etc.)
- You must come in personally to get your notary as you will need to sign the certificate and copies that are issued.
- Notaries are a four year term, and you may renew your notary commission up to 30 days prior to your expiration date, but no sooner. Also, you have until 30 days after your expiration date to come in to renew your commission if you have let it lapse. After the 30 days, you will need to fill out another application as a new notary with new references needed.
- An online training course is available free of charge for notaries and applicants. The course is not required in order to receive a commission but is recommended. Please see the direct link below for this option.
- Please see the link below if you need to change your certificate due to a name or address change. You will need to come in and sign a new certificate if changing your name.
- See the link below if you want to print off a Notary Ledger for your records. It is not required, but it is suggested that you keep a ledger or register of the notarial acts that you perform. You can make and keep a copy of the person's license as well for your records. This would help if you were ever summoned by the court system to show proof of a previous notarization.
Notary Information Change Form
Clerk of CourtsPhysical Address
5000 Jackson Parkway
Jefferson, GA 30549
PO Box 7
Jefferson, GA 30549